The Euro Crisis
The Swedish Government and Parliament must clearly declare that Sweden is not, under any circumstances, to be bound by the rules of the European Fiscal Compact Treaty, even if these rules are added to the EU Treaty. Without such declaration, LO Sweden cannot support Sweden’s participation in the Fiscal Treaty, state Wanja Lundby-Wedin and all the LO affiliates.
LO Sweden specifies the following conditions of accepting Sweden’s participation in the Fiscal Treaty:
Fredrik Reinfeldt should, at the meeting of the European Council,
· press for a programme for growth and employment to complement the Fiscal Treaty
· clearly declare that Sweden will not accept any recommendations that violate trade union rights.
The Swedish Parliament should, prior to the ratification of the Fiscal Treaty:
· clearly declare that Sweden is not, under any circumstances, to be bound by the rules of the European Fiscal Compact Treaty
· clearly declare that Sweden’s membership in the monetary union can only be possible after a new referendum.
In addition, if the Fiscal Treaty is proposed to be added to the EU Treaty, the Swedish Parliament must:
· Require a Social Progress Protocol to be incorporated into the EU Treaty.